Tuesday, May 12, 2015

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros; Love May Fail; Matthew Quick


Every Tuesday I host First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where I share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book I am reading or thinking about reading soon.


Love May Fail; Matthew Quick
Harper - 2015

Part One - Portia Kane
Chapter 1

"I'm kneeling in one of my own bedroom closets --peering E.T.-like through the white door slats--when the following epiphany hits me harder than a lawn dart to the eye: I'm a disgraceful woman.

Gloria Steinnem would call me whatever's the feminist equivalent of an Uncle Tom."

What do you think? Keep Reading?
(feel free to join in and post your link below)


21 comments:

  1. Now I am definitely curious! I do want to read more...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't help but wonder why she's peeking through the closet doors. And how does that relate to Uncle Tom? I'd keep reading to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, that's just plain fun. I sure would keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do want to read more - it is clever how the author paints such a vivid picture in so few words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd have to read a little more to be sure. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one is already on my list. Great opener.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I laughed out loud. I could just see E.T. So, to be the feminine equivalent of Uncle Tom, guess you'd have to be betraying your fellow women in some manner. OK, now I need to know why being in a closet peering out is a betrayal. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! I like it - I'll have to check this one out. Is he the author of Silver Linings Playbook? I've never read it, but it's ringing a bell.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read the first couple chapters and decided it wasn't for me, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great opener! I'd like to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great opening! I would keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't even have to read the intro! I will be reading this book.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Made me giggle... sounds like a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds interesting, hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, is she spying on someone else in bed? Hmm, piques my interest; thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's got my attention with position and humour - I'd def read on :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. See, Mama said don't play with those things, you'll put your eye out. Sounds painfully interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.