Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday - Accidents Happen; Louise Millar


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. This week's pick:

June 25, 2013 - Atria/Emily Bestler Books


From Louise Millar, the acclaimed author of The Playdate, comes a gripping psychological thriller where one woman’s streak of bad luck may be something far more sinister.

Kate Parker lives her life in a state of heightened anxiety, constantly afraid that something terrible will happen to her and her ten-year-old son, Jack. She obsesses over statistics to make them safe. There’s a reason for Kate’s nervousness. She lost her parents in a freak traffic accident on her wedding night, and her husband Hugo was murdered. It’s time for Kate to move on and start a new life.

When Kate meets Jago, it feels like she’s about to get that new beginning. Soon, though, her doubts return—despite the fact that everyone thinks she’s irrational. But is she imagining things? Or does she have a real reason to worry? After all, accidents happen.

Heralded as “a writer to watch” (Booklist) for her stylishly creepy and accomplished debut, Louise Millar skillfully layers suspense and twists in this taut and deeply suspenseful thriller.

10 comments:

  1. Oh my... This does sound intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm putting BOTH on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a compelling read. I'll be adding it to my list.

    Here's my WoW: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2013/05/waiting-on-wednesday-bookmans-tale.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm putting it on my list. Sounds very creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a good psychological thriller, and this one is definitely going on my list! "Stylishly creepy" added to my interest.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh...I'm looking forward to that one too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a terrific book for you, Diane! I look forward to hearing more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love creepy and sinister!! I think I would most definitely read this one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.