Sunday, September 14, 2008

142 - Testimony; Anita Shreve


I have been an Anita Shreve fan for a long time, and have read all of her books. Yesterday I sat down with an ARC of Testimony, which is scheduled to be released on October 21st, and I was totally blown away. I was not able to go to bed without finishing it. The ARC was only 305 pages, written in short chapters with lots of white space left on the pages. I loved this book, and found it to be well written as well as a very quick read.

I am not going to give anything away other than to say that the book is about a Sex scandal at an elite prep school in Vermont. The book shows us how a single reckless moment can destroy the lives of so many people. One thing I really liked was that the characters were well developed and sympathetic (even the flawed ones).
This book is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

RATING - 5/5 - COMPLETED - 9/13/08

3 comments:

  1. for whatever reason...I still haven't read anything by this author. I might just have to pick this one up when it comes out though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kris, you are missing a lot of good books. Shreve is one of my favorite authors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anita Shreve's "Testimony" is written from various points of view, all persons involved in sex scandal at a private high school. I was shocked as the story unfolded, but couldn't put this book down once I started reading it. The author captures the feelings of all the individuals involved and those outside the sphere. The lives ruined and changed from one incident caught on tape and the effect ripples throughout the community. This is such an intense book that leaves you wondering if things could have been different.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.