Saturday, September 6, 2008

134 - Half Assed: A Weight Loss Memoir; Jeanette Fulda


I found out about this memoir by accident, and decided to give it a try. It was a great memoir: a story about the real pain experienced by a morbidly obese person (360++ lbs ) before she began her weight loss journey and lost half her body weight. This book is not a story of her self loathing or self pity. It is a straight forward memoir where Jeanette shares her emotions, her successes and some failures along the way. This book is not an instruction manual as to how she lost the weight, but rather it's a very witty book about a mindset and the stick-to- it attitude required for success. Enjoyable.

RATING - 4/5 - COMPLETED - 9/5/08

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed this one, too - and I agree, it wasn't self-pitying, which was something I needed to help get me motivated to deal with my own weight issues. She's a witty writer, and I found myself laughing aloud often as I read. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.